About volunteering and form to apply
North Dakota Adult & Teen Challenge cannot operate without our high-quality, dedicated Volunteers. This includes you.
We have a spot for every interest, talent, and unique abilities. We currently have a volunteer pool consisting of 156 individuals.
However, there is room for you and your gift. We are in the process of building our committees for the upcoming year, so if you’re ready to have fun, work hard, and make a difference in the lives of hurting people, then get signed up today. This is just a partial list of opportunities we have. (Some of these items represent short term jobs while others are long-term commitments.)
areas we need Help
- Interior painters
- Carpet layers
- Call and collect donations from businesses for the children’s room: child size tables and chairs, bean bags, rocking chair, bookshelves, books-(preschool to teenage), puzzles, games, larger toys, arts and crafts, scissors, paper, markers, crayons, etc.
- Interior designers- many areas such as the Administration area, Chapel, etc.
- Make phone calls asking for donations for specific projects.
- Write Thank you cards to businesses for donations…someone to keep track of what’s coming in and getting them acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Form committees….Put a group in charge of the Banquets-theme, decorations, advertising, set-up and clean-up crews, collecting donations ahead of time for advertising needs, silent auction items, etc..
- Prepare the Fishing Tournaments---calling for donations, gathering them, advertising, etc.…
- Volunteers for holidays…decorations, special events either for students and families or for the community…EXAMPLE: next year for Christmas we want to do an open house. We will need decorations, food, servers, advertising and someone coordinating this event. We also want to do a fundraiser where people can pay to have our students go and sing carols at the designated address. We will need someone to coordinate this, advertise, take the phone calls and keep track of where to send the students, etc.
- Teach parenting classes
- Lead biblically based children’s activities when parents have their children here: Bible School type activities, Easter, Valentine’s Day, Christmas, etc.
- Call for donation of new signs.
- Graphic Designers to help with new literature, signs, posters, brochures, etc.
- Good Organizers are always needed.
- Good writers and those willing to help with computer tasks.
- Those who like to work with statistics and gathering data.
- Call former students….how are they doing? Can We Help? Pray for them and let them know they are still important to us. This will help in our data collection too.
- Landscapers and gardeners to help redo our front area /help student’s grow flowers and vegetables, etc.
- Mentors to work with individual students one-on-one
- Bible Study leaders and Chapel Speakers
- Giving Hearts Day Committee
- Social Media Coordinator
This is just a sampling of what we need. And you don’t even have to live in the Bismarck/Mandan area.
North Dakota Adult & teen Challenge travels for banquets, concerts and other events. When we come to your area, we need you! Promoting events in your community ahead of our arrival is vital. Then we always need decorators, set-up crews, servers and tear-down crews. As you can see…
We have a spot for you!
Please call Kacey at 701-667-2131 or email at email@example.com to join our team today!